This is the Uffizi Palace in Florence. I remember when Wendy and I went there, there was an event going on with a string quartet and as we were walking through we were allowed to stand on an inside balcony and look down at the event. I remember just being around all the fantastic architecture and having the quartet like a soundtrack in the background... it was lovely.
Anyway, had a nice, if hectic spring break with Aileen and Jem visiting, and going home for a night, and all that. When they were here we went to the Drake Hotel and listened to jazz- it was great. We used to go to Wally's in Boston, but what I liked about the Drake is that it was so quintessentially Chicago- it had the decor and ambiance of old Chicago. Very nice. I want to go back and draw it. I love the calm feeling I have after breaks- I don't feel as strongly that I need to Get Things Done OR ELSE. However, things I do need to get done before the end of the semester:
Design and Ad, Billboard, and Package Design for Design Class
Design, Draw, Illustrate, Paint a physiological process
A few drawing exercises
Make a Business Plan
Ace Cranio Lab and Written Tests at the end of April
Make a silicone and wax ear
Work on my Medical Illustration rap with LP
Then a month off to think about thesis topics and maybe go to the Carribean or New Orleans? Minneapolis and St. Louis? Who knows...

woot to recharging!
ReplyDeletei'm in WI to shake things up a bit. life was getting too monotonous!
woot for it almost being summer break..
i was going to comment on your blog mel. we were both in mil sun night! sad. glad you're shaking it up, and glad your mom sounds like she'll be ok for now. i do plan on coming up to Minneapolis in May, so I will let you know! :)
ReplyDeleteWait, mel has a blog?! I want in!
ReplyDelete