Saturday, March 14, 2009

First Post!

Hi! OK so after weeks of saying that I would start a blog, here I am at 1am on a Saturday night, wearing plaid pants and starting a blog. This is actually my third blog, the other two became victims of my suspected narcissism and were deleted when my self consciousness got the better of me. I intend this blog to be mainly about my journeys through my medical illustration program, to catalog where I came from and where I am going, and to highlight other artists and medical oddities that I find here and there. And I also like to write and read blogs, so thought I'd throw myself out in cyberspace, again. At least until my suspected narcissism gets the best of me again. So, here I am at 1am on a Saturday night, in plaid pants, blogging.

A few things I want to accomplish with this blog:
1. Post a picture for every entry.
2. Write at least once a week,
3. Tell something that tickled my aesthetic bone every entry.

In my old neighborhood a phone line was started where people could call in to the line and record something amusing that happened to them that day, and then you could call the line at night and listen to everyone's stories. A lot of them were things that happened around the neighborhood, and sometimes it was great to just get a new perspective on what was going on with the people in your neighborhood. (I apologize if you have Mr. Rogers' song "who are the people in your neighborhood" going through your head right now) I think a lot of beauty can be discovered that way- especially in a city- moments of aesthetic joy. So, here I will write about those such moments or thoughts.

Oh, and I'll try to keep my entries short- I am notorious for writing too much. So, this first entry I end with this thought I had today as I sculpted an ear out of wax:

Ears. Incredibly intricately made, no two alike, really take a look at ears for the next few days. You will be amazed.

2 comments:

  1. at first i thought you wrote that you were sculpting things out of ear wax. might have ended your post differently if that was the case ;)

    ReplyDelete