And almost immediately as I wrote the last post I decided task #3 was utterly lame and will cease to do that. Although some artifacts of aesthetic appeal will most likely slip in unchaperoned in quite a few posts. Such as this one, listen to this from Tristan and Isolde and tell me it isn't perfection:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mOA8pZ_I4M
Let's see, also, of the 3 days this past weekend I only left my apartment for one of them, and that was yesterday and I was gone all day at the lab making... things. and breaking things. and celebrating pi day with some delicious pie that S made. We have three assignments due this week, the week before spring break. I am satisfied with my headway on all of them, this weekend has been very productive. Our assignments include a Mimics/3ds Max knee, an instructional set of drawings done in line on illustrator, and 3 design concepts in InDesign for an assignment in our design class. Never before this semester have I sat in front of a computer so much!!! I am learning basically from ground zero all of these programs, so the learning curve is harsh. I am getting better about taking breaks, since my eyes have been really dry the past month or so, and they need breaks.
To keep things light I also watch a lot of online tv while I work on my homework, and listen to NPR and the radio. In this way I have learned a lot about the economy and politics this weekend, and feel more up-to-date. So even though I may not leave my apartment, I like being somewhat aware of whats going on.
One week until spring break, just need to make it through the next five days! And I consider it rotten luck that not only are there three Friday the 13ths this year (something that only happens about once every 11 years) but today is also the Ides of March, and also spring break is a week too late for St. Patty's day, so instead of celebrating one of my favorite holidays in a city that celebrates it well, I will be yes, doing homework. I have a feeling 2009 will be especially unlucky...
And in honor of the Ides, I leave you with this, by William S.:
ANTONY.
- O mighty Caesar! Dost thou lie so low?
- Are all thy conquests, glories, triumphs, spoils,
- Shrunk to this little measure? Fare thee well.—
- I know not, gentlemen, what you intend,
- Who else must be let blood, who else is rank:
- If I myself, there is no hour so fit
- As Caesar's death-hour, nor no instrument
- Of half that worth as those your swords, made rich
- With the most noble blood of all this world.
- I do beseech ye, if you bear me hard,
- Now, whilst your purpled hands do reek and smoke,
- Fulfill your pleasure. Live a thousand years,
- I shall not find myself so apt to die:
- No place will please me so, no means of death,
- As here by Caesar, and by you cut off,
- The choice and master spirits of this age.
*Please find the sarcasm in the majority of exclamation points I profusely use.

i just get angry listening to the radio about politics & the economy. Cheers to you!
ReplyDelete